Fire Safety course
Our Fire Safety course provides candidates with basic fire safety information, using a mixture of learning styles. Candidates will learn from our in-house instructors who are full of energy and enthusiasm and thrive on motivating others to excel.
The course can be customised to meet the needs for any organisation, enabling candidates to understand detailed policies and procedures unique to their role.
Course aims and objectives (candidates on the 1 hour course will):
- Understand the characteristics of fire, smoke, and toxic fumes
- Learn the fire hazards in the working environment
- Be aware of the significant findings of relevant fire risk assessments
- Understand how to practice and promote fire prevention
- Be aware of basic fire safety and local fire safety protocols including staff responsibilities during a fire incident
- Learn the means of raising the fire alarm and the actions to take on hearing the fire alarm
- Learn how to instinctively take the right action to take if fire breaks out or smoke is detected
- Become familiar with the different types of fire extinguishers, being able to state their use and identify the safety precautions associated with their use
- Learn the importance of being familiar with evacuation procedures and associated escape routes
- Learn about how to record, plan, train, and review – following guidelines to ensure the risk of fire and any subsequent damage to property and injury to staff is kept to as low a level as possible
- This course is delivered face-to-face.
- This course can take a maximum of 12 candidates.