Moving and Handling
Our mandatory Moving and Handling mandatory training course (for Level 1 and Level 2) will provide learners with the correct moving and handling techniques they should follow along with how moving and lifting people could be hazardous to both themselves and clients. It has been created in line with the Skills for Care (Core Skills Framework) and The National Back Exchange, and updated in line with the Covid-19 guidance.
The course can be customised to meet the needs for any organisation, enabling candidates to understand detailed policies and procedures unique to their role.
Course aims and objectives:
Knowing how to correctly move and handle people is essential for providing the best, safe and compassionate care for clients. Therefore, any employee who works with people who need to be moved or handled as a part of their role needs to know what they are doing and do it safely.
- Discusses the aim and basic anatomy of the spine
- References legislation and basic measures related to moving and handling
- Demonstrates the safe and effective transporting or supporting of a load
- Cites the core principles of safe handling of people / loads
- Will help learners understand their role in relation to legislation and guidelines
- This course is delivered face-to-face.
- This course can take a maximum of 12 candidates.
- Definition of moving and handling
- Moving and handling legislation
- Moving and handling principles
- Workplace accidents
- Risk assessments
- Key skills
- Practice moving and handling